Sun tanning is one of the most common skin concerns faced by men & women alike in tropical Asian countries, second only to acne, oily skin, or sleep-deprived skin
Spending a day trekking, hiking, or at the beach or water park can leave your skin tanned. Frequent 2-wheeler commutes can also make your skin vulnerable to tanning.
Tans are a seasonal concern because the onset of summer increases the likelihood of skin tanning and sunburns.
To remove tan, first protect your skin from further tanning.
To deal with a suntan, most dermatologists advise that prevention is better than cure. This is because you cannot reverse a tan. But you can prevent it from happening.
This is why all doctors recommend using sunscreens, hats, full sleeve clothes & shades. Use a broad spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen (UVA + UVB + IR) on all days that you are out in the open – sun or no sun. And if you are going to stay out all day then repeat the application after every 3 hours.
Besides sun protection, keeping your skin healthy also helps. This ensures your skin’s recovery from a tan is effortless.
Sun tanning is also not good for acne. While sun exposure is not known to directly cause acne, tanned skin is notorious for exponentially increasing breakouts for those that have acne-prone skin.
Why Do We Get Sun Tan?
When we are exposed to the sun, the Ultraviolet rays from the sun directly hit our skin. If the UV radiation gets too much and exceeds the body’s capability to protect the skin from tanning, sunburn is caused, damaging the DNA. This is the reason skin gets darkened or tanned.
1. Lemon Juice and Honey – Magical combo of lemon juice and honey is proven for showing instant results in removing skin tan. Lemon is proven to remove melanin-causing agents in our skin and honey nourishes and moisturizes the skin. Combine both the ingredients and apply daily for 2 weeks, and be amazed by the results. This can be considered one of the best tan removers.
2. Tomato and Rice Flour – Try this, you wouldn’t be disappointed: Take the juice of 1 tomato and mix it with 1 teaspoon of rice flour. Apply this paste as a scrub for your face and you would be amazed to see how it removes sun tan instantly. It is a great scrub to be often (once every fortnight) to remove dead skin. Tomato is a rich source of Vitamin C, which has a track record in Ayurveda, to increase antioxidants and lighten skin complexion.
3. Gram Flour and Turmeric – Since ancient times, turmeric is said to be a powerful source of anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce scarring. Gram flour also exfoliates dead skin cells, making the skin appear fresh and rejuvenated.
4. Papaya and Honey – Not to miss this superfood, which is not just sweet and tender in taste, but also comes with proteolytic papain enzyme – that is high in dietary fiber and rich in Vitamins and Minerals. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that papaya is one of the best tan removers when it comes to home remedies.
5. Orange Juice and Yogurt – Mix one tablespoon of orange juice in yogurt and apply to tanned areas. Leave it on for half an hour before rinsing it off with water. This will easily remove sun tan from the face and hands. Vitamin C present in orange will give your skin a boost and the tan would fade off.
6. Coconut Water and Sandalwood – Sandalwood is loaded with medicinal properties, and coconut helps in detoxing. Together they make a very cheap yet effective tan removal product. Take 1 tablespoon coconut powder and 1 tablespoon sandalwood powder and use it as a pack. All those sunburns that you have got from Goa can be cured with this pack.
Yes, it does! Vitamin C serum works by reducing the melanin (skin pigment) synthesis offering bright and glowing skin. It also promotes the formation of ceramides throughout the skin!
Due to its antioxidant properties, vitamin C protects against free radicals and works well to improve uneven skin tone & pigmentation. The Vitamin C serum is rich in pure and concentrated vitamin C; hence, they are one of the best formulations to keep with you to remove tan.